Re: [exim] How to configure sieve filtering?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Kaz Kylheku
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] How to configure sieve filtering?

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 13:07:35 -0400, Phil Pennock
<exim-users@???> wrote:
> That out of the way:
> $ exim -bP transport_list
> will list all the transports seen by the daemon, and:

Thanks for the response Phil.

I've been suspecting that exim isn't actually reading those
configuration files, so I just ran an strace
on the above command.

It turns out exim is trying to open "/etc/exim4/exim4.conf"
which does not exist, and after that, it tries
"/var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated" and nothing else
from /etc. It does not look at the multiple configuration
files in "conf.d". I'm guessing that exim can't even do that.

The modification date on this autogenerated config file
is last night's, so it appears that it is being updated.
But from where? I can't find in it any evidence of the
changes I have made.

The comment at the top of the file says, believe it or not,
that it's generated /either/ from the conf.d directory /or/
the exim4.conf.template, without revealing which of the
two!

I would have to guess that it's actually using the template
and not the conf.d.

Digging further, this generation is done in the Debian
init.d script by an "upex4conf" function.

I think I can take it from here ...