Re: [exim] Make spamassassin optinal

Autor: Andrew D
A: Alexandre Gagné
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Make spamassassin optinal
Alexandre Gagné wrote:

> Le 2010-08-05 09:40, Andrew D a écrit :
>> G'Day,

--snip--

> Am I right to assume that the variable "recipient" in DATA acl will only
> contain multiple email address if the email is sent through the same
> SMTP server ? My server need authentication to send emails, so I don't

The recipients variable in DATA will contain all the rcpts email
addresses regardless if it is a single or multiple rcpt email.

> check SPAM/Greylisting on those emails since it is a trusted user. I
> sent a multiple-recipient emails to a few address destinated to the same
> domain from GMail and Hotmail, and they were going through as "single
> recipient" email. Is there cases where it wouldn't be ?

I see it all the time on the servers I look after (not just SPAM and
where the sender's domain is the same as the rcpts domain either.)

Exim by default will send multiple rcpts emails to other servers to
reduce bandwidth usage.

> Thanks a lot for the help !
> AlexG

No probs :)