Re: [exim] Domains List

Top Pagina
Auteur: Phil Pennock
Aan: Grant Peel
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Domains List
On 2010-08-03 at 14:09 -0400, Grant Peel wrote:
> I have an acl that looks to see if a domain is local or not.
>
> As it turned out, one domain I had in the domain list had a nameserver
> listed (i.e. could find domain on whois), but the nameserver did not have
> any DNS records loaded for the domain.
>
> We stopped receiving email on that server. I put exim in 'exim -d -bd' mode
> and seen that it was trying to find DNS for this domain, and, then it craps
> out with a 'temp local error' when it does, and did not accept any mail for
> the whole server.
>
> Is there a way to tell exim to ignore rogue domain like that? (and
> presumeably not accept email for that domain only untill the DNS issue is
> fixed?

----------------------------8< cut here >8------------------------------
10.15 Temporary DNS errors when looking up host information

A temporary DNS lookup failure normally causes a defer action (except when
dns_again_means_nonexist converts it into a permanent error). However, host
lists can include "+ignore_defer" and "+include_defer", analagous to
"+ignore_unknown" and "+include_unknown", as described in the previous section.
These options should be used with care, probably only in non-critical host
lists such as whitelists.

Sounds like you want +ignore_defer.

Some debug logs showing exactly why Exim was using DNS for the domain,
instead of a string match, would be good.

-Phil