Re: [exim] hole in acl_smtp_mail

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Ian Eiloart
To: David Woodhouse, Axel Rau
CC: List: exim, Nigel Metheringham
Oggetto: Re: [exim] hole in acl_smtp_mail

--On 2 August 2010 10:24:43 +0100 David Woodhouse <dwmw2@???>
wrote:

> On Sun, 2010-08-01 at 14:07 +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
>> On 1 Aug 2010, at 13:43, Jeremy Harris wrote:
>>
>> > Are you assuming that
>> > header From: is the same as envelope MAIL FROM ?
>>
>> By the way, don't take that as a suggest you should be checking header
>> From: - for a reason why look at messages you sent to this mailing
>> list as they come back to you...
>
> Well, in the general case it's just as broken to do it on the envelope
> MAIL FROM:.

Maybe, but we've been doing that for several years now. I filter my local
email into a separate mailbox, which is 100% spam free. Yes, we do get some
false positives, but I don't recall a case like the one you mention below.
Generally, it's third party sites using our addresses as sender addresses.
Greetings cards, and some peer-review collaborative sites. Generally,
they're either happy to fix their software, or we don't care.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex