Re: [exim] "python traceback" warning from pyzor on every SA…

Autor: Tony Meyer
A: Phillip Carroll
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] "python traceback" warning from pyzor on every SA-scanned email
Hi,

This is not really the best place to ask - this is a SpamAssassin (or
perhaps Pyzor) question, not an Exim one.

Is this something that just started happening and was working
previously? Or is this a new setup? If it was working before, do you
know of anything that changed? (e.g. updates of SA/Pyzor).

> # spamassassin -D pyzor -t < some.msg
>
> When the debug test is run from the console, no problem appears.

Are you running spamassassin as the same user as Exim does?

> I know next to nothing about Python, and have no clue what "python traceback" means.

A "traceback" is basically an error report - it shows you what error
occurred, where it occurred, and what the sequence of calls leading to
the error was. Unfortunately, you don't have any of that, because SA
is swallowing everything other than saying that a problem occurred.

> Two questions:
> (1) Does the warning mean pyzor is not doing anything for me?

It seems likely.

Cheers,
Tony