Re: [exim] Exim Sending Mail Out To Slow

Autor: Ian Eiloart
A: Shalom Levytam, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim Sending Mail Out To Slow

--On 24 July 2010 20:24:33 -0400 Shalom Levytam <research@???>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I apologize for this newbie message but I need some help with exim and my
> host doesn't seem to have the answer.
>
> I send a daily newsletter of 29,000 messages. Unfortunately, exim is
> sending out mail at approximately 1000 messages an hour. This is far to
> slow for my needs. I'd like to have these messages out within 6 hours if
> possible.

Make sure your mailing list is clean. If you're trying to deliver to an
undeliverable address, then that might hold up a delivery thread for a
number of minutes.

> Currently I have these settings:
> queue_run_max = 10

Increase this number. Be careful that you don't exceed your OS process
limit. That's particularly a problem if you use Mac OSX.

> remote_max_parallel = 10

If you're using VERP to handle bounces - and you should in order to keep
your list clean - then this is irrelevant. You'll only have one recipient
per message.

> Number of minutes between mail server queue runs = 10

Try using -qq, which will sort messages by recipient domain, and try to
reuse connections. That might help.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex