Re: [exim] address lookups stripping off plus-addresses

Autor: Jakob Hirsch
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] address lookups stripping off plus-addresses
Eric A. Hall, 2010-07-22 16:29:

> I'm poking around at plus-addressing with exim+cyrus and it's not working
> right. After some time I figured out that the extended address was not
> being used for the envelope recipient. With --debug +all it seems that
> that the recipient address is being rewritten by the redirect router.

A router does no rewriting, only routing. The redirect router changes
the recipient and starts a new new routing cycle, but that is not rewriting.

> I've tried setting the rewrite = false on that router but the behavior

As the spec says, this option only specifies if the new recipient should
be run through the _rewriting_ rules, which have nothing to do with the
redirect router.

> ldap_users:
>   driver                     = redirect
>   data                       = ${lookup ldap{LDAP_USER_LOOKUP}}
>   local_part_suffix          = +* : -*

> When the user is matched in ldap_users the response data includes the
> destination address that should be used, but the suffix is gone. This

yes, that's what the redirect router is for: changing the destination
address. If you don't want that, don't use the redirect router.

You probably want to use the accept router and change "data" to
"local_parts".