Re: [exim] recipient verification not calling out

Autor: Dave Evans
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] recipient verification not calling out
On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 09:27:19AM +0200, Chris Knipe wrote:
> I'm busy with a new exim installation as a front-end to Exchange 2010.
> Callout verification is working fine and as expected, but I am also trying
> to implement recipient verification.

Not sure what you mean by these two things.

> I have a manual router configured
> which is delivering mail to the Exchange server without any issues what so
> ever. For some unknown reason however, running exim -d -bhc . it never
> actually makes the callout to the Exchange server. Is this by design, or is
> something not configured correctly?

-d -bhc enables callouts, so out of those two I'd have to go with "something's
not configured correctly".

However it's not clear to me what things are working for and what are not.
For example I'm not sure what you mean by "Callout verification is working
fine" - is that sender verify callouts, or recipients, or both? For
debugging, or live running, or both? You say "I am also trying
to implement recipient verification" - does that mean that verification
(without the callout) works, but you're trying to enable the callout, and
that's not working?

> Router:
>
> Transport:

Seeing your ACLs would also be useful.

> exim -d -bhc relavent bits:

I feel http://wiki.exim.org/DontObfuscate is tangentially relevant here:
you've tried to decide what's relevant, I think you've missed out lots of
required information.

So, please carefully re-state what works for you and what doesn't; for the
parts that don't work, please state in the form, "When I try X, Y happens, and
I expect Z to happen instead". Your ACLs, routers and transports are all
likely to be relevant.

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/