Re: [exim] Set local_interfaces to contents of a file?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: jwexler
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: 'Jim Cheetham', exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Set local_interfaces to contents of a file?
I just checked out the puppetlabs.com link. Looks like very helpful software
and I see that it runs on Ubuntu.
I am going to investigate that further and will most likely try it out.
I try to keep the environment as consistent as possible with Ubuntu being
the standard for our servers.

I had found that when the local_interfaces line was left as the default
setting (i.e., MAIN_LOCAL_INTERFACES not set), 127.0.0.1 was being excluded
in the output when doing netstat -plant.
I need 127.0.0.1 and I therefore have been setting MAIN_LOCAL_INTERFACES in
/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template.

However, during my trial and error activities today, I realized that when
MAIN_LOCAL_INTERFACES is not set or is improperly set, then
/var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated was setting local_interfaces to the
value of dc_local_interfaces in /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf which I
had configured to 192.168.121.123 but had not included 127.0.0.1. I
therefore just commented out dc_local_interfaces at this point because I am
using your ".include" solution and it is now working.

Thanks again.