Re: [pcre-dev] How to tune regex_works

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Takashi Nomachi
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] How to tune regex_works
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010, Takashi Nomachi wrote:

> I would like to understand how to tune the configuration parameter of
> regex_works.

I don't know what regex_works is. It is not part of the PCRE
distribution.

> Could you please let me know a pointer to the detailed explanation on
> how to tune regex_works, or the maximum stack size in PCRE?

There is no maximum stack size in PCRE. It is whatever the operating
system sets. Different OS have different ways of specifying the maximum.
PCRE does have some parameters for limiting the amount of stack it
actually uses. The "pcrestack" man page in the PCRE distribution
discusses this, and points to other information.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel