Re: [exim] Frustrating Routing Problem with Bad DNS

Top Pagina
Auteur: Phil Pennock
Aan: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Frustrating Routing Problem with Bad DNS
On 2010-07-09 at 19:29 -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
> The idea being that if the first router failed because the host name
> failed then it would fall through to the next router and forward to my
> retry server. But I'm still just getting the DNS error.
>
> How can I get this to work? What am I missing?

"3.10 Running an individual router"

DNS failure is triggering a "defer" result.

First Router should have a condition which checks something like:

${if or{{>{$message_age}{1200}}\
        {!first_delivery}}}

so that on the second attempt, or after a while, the recipient will be
declined by that router.

That said, the only DNS I'm seeing in your first Router is if the
preprocess.db gives hostnames and if those DNS lookups fail, the Router
should be freezing the mail. You'd want "host_find_failed = pass" on
the Router in that case. But you don't mention that the mails are
ending up frozen, which leaves me confused about just what is actually
happening given the lack of diagnostics supplied.

You could find host_find_failed by looking through the documented
available options for the manualroute Router.

-Phil