Re: [exim] Problem with Barracuda Networks

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Emmanuel Noobadmin
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Problem with Barracuda Networks
On 7/9/10, Ron White <exim.ml@???> wrote:

> As Phil pointed out, you need to speak with the owner of the Barracuda.
> They have probably mis-configured it leaving the 'deep header scanning'
> feature on where it should not be. There is, however, the possibility
> they may have set up a rule on that Barracuda to block your customer
> specifically.
>
> Chances are they will be loosing significant amounts of genuine mail at
> this time. Emmanuel, have the Barracuda check this and turn it
> off/uncheck it -
>
> DEEP HEADER SCAN V4x
> Menu: Block/Accept > IP REPUTATION > (third item down) DEEP HEADER SCAN
> http://bayimg.com/kanPjaACI
>
> DEEP HEADER SCAN V3x
> Menu: Block/Accept > IP REPUTATION > (third item down) DEEP HEADER SCAN
> http://bayimg.com/kANPmAAcI

Thanks for the confirmation about the deep header scan and the
detailed location. I'll try to contact the admin on the other side and
hope he's friendly :)

On 7/9/10, Graeme Fowler <graeme@???> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 11:44 +0800, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
>> I think there might be some miscommunications or misunderstanding here.
>
> Well, it's good that we finally get the actual details - that always
> helps :)

Sorry my bad for not providing the details, was a bit frustrated and
shocked by what appeared to be some kind of extortion scam. :x

> So you have two tasks:
>
> 1. Get the Barracuda appliance owners to switch off deep header
> inspection as it widely known to be dangerous, not least since any
> "Received:" header added by an MTA before yours cannot be trusted to be
> "real".
>
> 2. If you really want to, strip all incoming "Received:" headers
> *including* the one Exim adds to the inbound mail from clients, and add
> something else.
>
> You'll be wanting the "headers_remove" and "headers_add" transport
> options here:
>
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch24.html

Thanks for the extra information and the link :)