Re: [exim] Problem with Barracuda Networks

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Graeme Fowler
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Problem with Barracuda Networks
On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 11:44 +0800, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
> I think there might be some miscommunications or misunderstanding here.

Well, it's good that we finally get the actual details - that always
helps :)

> Current setup
>
> Customer (dynamic IP from their ISP) -> Customer Exim/Mail Server (in
> data center with static IP) -> Intended mail recipient server (using
> Barracuda)

That "Customer Exim/Mail Server (in data center with static IP)" is the
"smarthost" we've all been banging on about.

So you have two tasks:

1. Get the Barracuda appliance owners to switch off deep header
inspection as it widely known to be dangerous, not least since any
"Received:" header added by an MTA before yours cannot be trusted to be
"real".

2. If you really want to, strip all incoming "Received:" headers
*including* the one Exim adds to the inbound mail from clients, and add
something else.

You'll be wanting the "headers_remove" and "headers_add" transport
options here:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch24.html

Graeme