Re: [exim] Problem with Barracuda Networks

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Emmanuel Noobadmin
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Problem with Barracuda Networks
On 7/8/10, Graeme Fowler <graeme@???> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 13:16 +0800, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
>> I have a problem with Barracuda Networks blocking various dynamically
>> assigned IP addresses that my clients have the misfortune to be
>> assigned to every few weeks or so.
> <snip>
>
> If your clients have dynamically assigned IPs which change periodically,
> then they should be sending all mail out via a fixed smarthost.

Am I correct to understand that this means setting up some kind of
gateway/proxy with a fixed IP, then connect to the SMTP server via
this gateway and therefore effectively masking their IP since the SMTP
server will only record the proxy's?

p.s. Apologies for replying directly to Graeme previously, got into
the bad habit of assuming mailing lists would had the Reply-to set to
the list itself :D