Re: [exim-dev] Website redesign - feedback roundup

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Wolfgang Breyha
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Website redesign - feedback roundup
On 8 Jul 2010, at 09:38, Wolfgang Breyha wrote:

> It's getting better, but I think there's still room for improvement;-)

We're getting there - just one step at a time :-)

> liked the old index because it was a very efficient way to find the right
> chapter.
>
> The new index has some drawbacks IMO...
> *) the line spacing is to large to get an overview

Thats a CSS tweaks issue - not been looking at that yet.

> *) the old index referenced to the chapter name only, but this was the
>    essential information IMO. chapter number is not that essential at
>    this point.

I've stripped the number now, but currently still have section in.
May mod that to be able to either strip or reduce the section detail
with styling.

> *) the old index had two levels of sorting (eg. return codes, etc.)

The new one does... but the CSS styling at present doesn't handle
multiple levels. So currently if we hack the styling we will be
most of the way there....

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]