Re: [exim-dev] Website redesign - feedback roundup

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Wolfgang Breyha
Para: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-dev
Asunto: Re: [exim-dev] Website redesign - feedback roundup
On 2010-07-07 23:22, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> I've modded the referencing style for the indexes. Not sure if I
> entirely like it (too much repeated text), but its there for
> comment...

It's getting better, but I think there's still room for improvement;-) I
liked the old index because it was a very efficient way to find the right
chapter.

The new index has some drawbacks IMO...
*) the line spacing is to large to get an overview
*) the old index referenced to the chapter name only, but this was the
    essential information IMO. chapter number is not that essential at
    this point.
*) the old index had two levels of sorting (eg. return codes, etc.)

I don't know if I'm the only one who works primarily with the index to find
the right chapter in the documentation, but at least for me it is the best,
the easiest and for sure the fastest way to find what I'm looking for. The
old index is pretty perfect in that way (maybe because I know it very well) ;-)

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha@???> | http://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria