Re: [exim] Compiling SPF

Top Pagina
Auteur: Stephen Gran
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Compiling SPF
On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 10:12:49AM +0100, Ian Eiloart said:
> --On 5 July 2010 11:32:33 -0700 Marc Perkel <support@???>
> wrote:
> >
> > I think I figured it out. Because it's a 64 bit system it wants to be
> > /usr/lib64
> >
> True on your system. However, different systems keep their libraries in
> different places. *nix admins are presumed to know this, and be able to
> find their libraries and edit makefiles accordingly.

That looks an awful lot like RedHat's half baked implementation of biarch
support. It has bitten an awful lot of people, particularly because the
toolchain shipped with RedHat isn't particularly good about supporting
the directory layout they ship, leading builds to do silly things like
find the headers while building a 64bit app and then fail at link time
because they found the 32 bit .so first. While I am of the opinion that
documenting a RedHat issue isn't a job for exim docs, maybe an example
of this type in the top level Makefile wouldn't go completely amiss?

Cheers,
|  Stephen Gran                  | You have an ambitious nature and may    |
|  steve@???             | make a name for yourself.               |