Re: [exim] option "interface" in smtp transport and ipv6

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Marcin Mirosław
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] option "interface" in smtp transport and ipv6
W dniu 02.07.2010 11:50, J.R.Haynes pisze:

Hi!

> My understanding is that if a domain has both v4 and v6 addresses Exim
> first uses the operating system to decide whether to use v6 or v4 (and
> Phil has explained how to change this globally). Then it looks at the
> interface option for the first address of that type. If it doesn't find
> one then interface is ignored and the default OS interface for that type
> is used.

And this knowledge i was mising.

> So in your case having seen an AAAA record for the relevant
> domain Exim has already decided to use v6, so an interface entry with
> only a v4 address gets ignored.

I was sure, that setting interace=<address v4> will force exim to use
only v4 for given domain (even if domain has record AAAA). My mistake
was that i thought about v4 and v6 as they are in common space.

Thank all of you for help!
Regards,
Marcin