Re: [exim] SRS forward

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: John Horne
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] SRS forward
On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 16:58 +0100, Ian Eiloart wrote:

> Using SRS without publishing an SPF record of your own
> risks downgrading messages from pass to no unknown.

I don't quite follow this. My understanding was that when SRS was used
it was a way of saying to the recipient MTA (that is the MTA you are
forwarding the message to) "This message has come from us, but when
checking SPF you must 'decode' the sender address and then check against
that decoded original sender address." That is, don't check our SPF
records but check those of whoever (whomever?) we got the message from
originally.

As such it should not matter whether the forwarding MTA domain has SPF
records or not.

John.

--
John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287    Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001