Re: [exim] listed at Backscatterer.org

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Matt
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim Mailing List
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] listed at Backscatterer.org
>> Is it not possible to have an ACL check for over-quota and reject
>> at SMTP time? I don't use Quotas myself, so I've not looked into
>> it.
>
> Potentially difficult if your mailstore is a separate IMAP server,
> eg Cyrus, Dovecot.  But would you want to do this?  Surely
> over-quota should be treated as a temporary failure.  Maybe you'd
> want to accept the message and hope the user clears the problem so
> the message can be delivered.

95 percent of the time over quotta does not clear itself up. Its
usually users that have there client setup to 'leave a copy of all
messages on server' for eternity. They usually do not understand the
warning message that tells them clearly they have reached 90 percent
of there mail quotta either. But to be fair most cannot be expected
to understand they just want it to work.

Matt