Re: [exim] SMTP-time rewriting

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Graeme Fowler
A: Nikita Koshikov
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] SMTP-time rewriting
On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 17:22 +0300, Nikita Koshikov wrote:
> I have setup Exim with Dovecot as imap server. Dovecot has such feature as "master users" - such users can login as "other-user" account, so if you want login as user 'test@???' you enter 'test@???(separator)master_user'. Separator is configurable.
> When you logged in as master user, MUA (in my setup webmail) set headers from, sender, etc in format user@domain*master_user. This prevent exim from sending mail originating by master_users.

Aha! It all becomes clear - this is *not* an rewrite problem, it's a
submission problem.

Please see the following:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch44.html#SECTsubmodnon

Regarding the MUA, I don't know which one you're using but I have
completely separate user login details from those used to compose and
send this message.

If you're using SquirrelMail or Horde/IMP, for example, you may also
need to add the user the web app or server runs as to the "trusted
users" list to permit modification of outbound addresses. There are
several ways to do this:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch05.html#SECTtrustedadmin

I hope that helps.

Graeme