Re: [exim] SMTP-time rewriting

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] SMTP-time rewriting
Nikita Koshikov wrote:
> Hello exim experts,
>
> I need exim to rewrite addresses like: <user@domain*admin> to the form <user@domain>.
>
> Here is the rule I made for this:
>
> \N^(.*)\*admin(.*)?$\N          $1$2 S

> This is working on smtp-time MAIL FROM stage as I needed, but headers doesn't touched by it.
> Adding one more rule without S flag didn't help and body headers From, Sender, etc list unrewritten data.
>
> What's wrong and how can I fix this ?

May one ask where an address of that form is originating - how it is getting
into Exim's environment, and whether it really is at 'smtp time' (a submission
session with a correspondent).

as in:

- MUA with 'experimental' settings

- On-box (binary invocation, queue injection, smtp session) MLM,

- script or web-app

- *prior* address-rewrite

or, perchance, is the '*' in your example actually a wildcard that does not
itself exist, but rahtehr represents a variety of other possible strings?

I ask because, *as shown* the right side is not a legal/recognizable domain.tld
format, with a literal '*' in it, never mind .admin' not being any tld or
country I'm aware of...

More to the point, if you can share what the end goal is, the 'why you need it'
situation, perhaps someone here may have another way that is already proven.

HTH,

Bill