Re: [exim] DKIM, Mailing-lists and signing lengths

Autor: Graeme Fowler
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] DKIM, Mailing-lists and signing lengths
[speaking from the heart here, rather than the head]

Bill

The only response to your continuing war against things which you feel
deeply about is:

SMTP is fundamentally broken, so nobody should use it.

OK, so I didn't couch that in very long sentences rammed full of
acronyms, neither did I wave about large numbers in the millions which
are only meaningful in the context they were derived; so that's a
deliberately inflammatory statement with no statistical value or
background whatsoever.

DKIM, SPF, port 465 using TLS-on-connect: they're all here, they're all
reality, they're all *used*. Perhaps not by your good self, but they are
by a large number of other people and systems of all shapes and sizes.

If you want to debate the use of various adjuncts to SMTP, perhaps you
should get your experience and skills involved in drafting updates to
the various RFCs that define them (and that goes for anyone else wanting
to jump on the tech-beating bandwagon).

Coming back to the head speaking, rather than the heart - and making a
far more general comment:

If you don't have anything good or helpful to say, don't say it.

Graeme