Re: [exim] PWCHK

Autor: Graeme Fowler
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] PWCHK
On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 09:08 +0100, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> That's exactly what I get connecting to the same box on the same port.

Oddly, Dave Woodhouse and I were looking at this earlier on. His box (a
recent Fedora box) worked without issue. Mine (a much, much older
version of Fedora) hiccupped at RENOGOTIATING again.

We *think* this could be down to a difference in the newer OpenSSL that
your *BSD build pulled in; given that renegotiation was overhauled after
the recent MITM scare it could well be that the libraries your Exim is
linked against forbid the old, insecure behaviour. As my test box is
very, very old it's likely that there's an incompatibility between the
two.

I'm not too sure what to suggest other than "test on a client box with
more recent OpenSSL libraries" - preferably the same as the box you
built or run Exim on.

Graeme