Re: [exim] ClamAV changes needing testing

Autor: Phil Pennock
A: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] ClamAV changes needing testing
On 2010-06-14 at 12:24 +0100, Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
>
> > With the CVS head (taken yesterday morning) this fails, eg
> > # /usr/sbin/exim.clamavtest -C /etc/exim/config.moa-new.clamav -bmalware /etc/motd
> > 2010-06-14 11:42:27 dummy-1345573678 malware acl condition: av_scanner configuration variable is empty
> > Malware lookup returned non-okay/fail: 1
>
> Hmm.
> However "-bh" tests worked and I've been brave and am running the new
> binary on a live system (10 minutes and 30 messages so far).
>
> Looks like the problem is only in the -bmalware option :-)

Yes. I was aware when writing it that ACL modifications would not be
reflected, because ACLs aren't run for cmdline tests. I neglected to
document this part explicitly though, which is a bug.

It was implicit in the spec documentation:

This debugging option causes Exim to scan the given file, using the
malware scanning framework. The option of av_scanner influences this
option, so if av_scanner's value is dependent upon an expansion then
the expansion should have defaults which apply to this invocation.

I'll update that now to explicitly note that ACLs are not invoked.

Thanks for the catch,
-Phil