Re: [exim] shouldn't exigrep sort the grepped file(names) by…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] shouldn't exigrep sort the grepped file(names) by date?
Frank Heydlauf <fh-exim2003@???> (Do 10 Jun 2010 09:48:18 CEST):
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 10:46:35PM +0200, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> >
> >     -s *key*
> >         Sort the output according to the *key*. The *key* can be
>                ^^^^^^^^^^

> shouldn't it be: process input files sorted by I<key> ?

May be, this explanation serves better:

    Process the input files in order of their modification times (the oldest
    first). This is the fastest approach to get the output ordered,
    but it may fail.

> >         (default: do not sort)
> Per default processes files as passed by shell.

(default: do not sort - process and output the lines as coming from the
input files)

Thanks for your annotations.
--
Heiko