Re: [exim-dev] Exim doesn't look in /etc/hosts when /etc/re…

Autor: Jörg Sommer
A: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] Exim doesn't look in /etc/hosts when /etc/resolv.conf empty
Alain Williams hat am Sat 12. Jun, 00:31 (+0100) geschrieben:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 03:27:44PM +0200, Jörg Sommer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've a smarthost in my local network named server.localnet. It's name is
> > resolvable via /etc/hosts; ping works. But there's no DNS server
> > available, hence /etc/resolv.conf is empty. With this setting exim
> > doesn't feed mails to the smarthost. See
> > http://alioth.debian.org/~jo-guest/exim-failure-debug.out
>
> What is in your file:
>     /etc/nsswitch.conf

> In your case it should contain the line:
>     hosts:      files

% grep \^h /etc/nsswitch.conf
hosts:          files dns

And I need DNS when my link to the internet becomes ready.

Bye, Jörg.
--
“Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as
children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching yellow