Re: [exim] ACL question

Autor: Jim Cheetham
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] ACL question
Quoting Sebastian Tennant (from 12/06/10 10:34):
> Try as a might, I can't get any ACLs to work.

Sounds like you have declared an ACL called "acl_smtp_connect" in the
ACL section of the config -- but the name is irrelevant and doesn't
really mean anything. Just "creating" an ACL doesn't mean it is being used.

You need to tell the main section of the configuration that you want to
use this ACL at connection time ...

acl_smtp_connect = <something>

Where in your case <something> will also be the same string
"acl_smtp_connect", because that's what you called your ACL ... mine has
a different name just to avoid this sort of confusion.

I'm not sure where the Debian split configuration would put this; I
prefer a single config file because I'm the only person who will be
editing it. Debian split config is excellent if you want to install
options via packages and have the package configuration system update
your exim config for you ... but if you don't need that, my advice would
be to ignore it; it's an extra layer of complication and insufficient
people use it to be able to offer all that much help with it :-)

-jim