Re: [exim] message delivery deferred - destination mailserve…

Top Pagina
Auteur: W B Hacker
Aan: exim users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] message delivery deferred - destination mailserver "unusable"
Zanga Chimombo wrote:
> dear list,
>
> as of yesterday, users are unable to send email outside our domain
> (admarc.co.mw) e.g. yahoo, gmail etc. after some trawling around the
> web i tried the following:
>
> exim -d zangaphe@???
>
> the output of which includes:
> [...
> mx1.mail.eu.yahoo.com [77.238.177.9] status = unusable
> mx2.mail.eu.yahoo.com [77.238.184.241] status = unusable
> ...]
>
> the second time i tried, i got:
> [...
> mx2.mail.eu.yahoo.com has no address and is unusable - skipping
> mx1.mail.eu.yahoo.com [77.238.177.9] status = usable
> Connecting to mx1.mail.eu.yahoo.com [77.238.177.9]:25 ... failed:
> Connection timed out (timeout=5m)
> ...]
>
> any pointers as to where i can look next? should i contact my ISP and
> find out if other customers are having similar problems?
>
> z.

First problem seesm to be with your domain registration and publication.

- presuming you are using 'admarc.co.mw' and have not obfuscated:

It does not seem to be in any resolvers visible from either Hong Kong or Dulles,
Virginia - both pretty well-connected areas.

Nor does the <domain>.<tld> issuing authority for the <.mw> tld respond to a
'whois' (or even grant a connection).

You will need, at the very least:

- a valid and globally-published <domain>.<tld>

- a fixed-IP on which to receive smtp traffic. Good isea to have a fixed-IP
from which to send. They may be the same. Or not.

= a globally-published PTR RR associating (each of) said IP with the
<domain>.<tld>

- a globally-published 'A' RR (at least), and better yet, an MX RR

IOW - until you get the DNS and such proper and visible, you look like a
zombified WinBox, and will not find many MTA that will even allow you to cennect.

If, OTOH, you have obfuscated the 'admarc.co.mw' part ..... all you need is a
pile of warm sand and a wooden tamper. Lube optional.

Bill