Re: [pcre-dev] Release candidate for 8.10

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Sheri
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Release candidate for 8.10
On Fri, 4 Jun 2010, Sheri wrote:

> The warning is not presented if I do either of the above [(A) or (B)]
> when building.

Thanks. I have reverted to the previous state, and inserted a comment. I
am not fully confident about the role of the Windows export/import
stuff, but I've looked at what it does, and it seems to me that there
isn't any conflict, so I'm not sure what the original complainer was on
about. In the Bugzilla I've asked for further clarification if they want
to pursue this issue.

> I forgot to mention that there are also some new anomolies when
> configuring in cmake-gui.

I don't have cmake-gui on this Linux box; I get no errors with non-gui
cmake, however.

> [...]
> Looking for inttypes.h
> CMake Error: Remove failed on file:
> C:/pcre-8.10/pcre-8.10-RC1/Msys_Shared2/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles/TargetDirectories.txt:
> System Error: No such file or directory

Removing a file that isn't there doesn't sound like much of a problem.

> Looking for inttypes.h - found
> [...]
> Looking for C++ include bits/type_traits.h
> CMake Error: Failed to create CMakeList file for
> C:/pcre-8.10/pcre-8.10-RC1/Msys_Shared2/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeLists.txt
> CMake Error: : System Error: Permission denied

This suggests there is some permissions issue which may be the result of
some setting on your system, but I'm only guessing here. Please can you
try exactly the same with the previous release (8.02)? There are no
changes to the CMake files between 8.02 and 8.10-RC1.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel