Re: [exim-dev] HEAD not building

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Jetmore
A: John Jetmore, exim-dev
Asunto: Re: [exim-dev] HEAD not building
On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Phil Pennock <exim-dev@???> wrote:
> On 2010-06-07 at 14:12 -0400, John Jetmore wrote:
>> You can make an argument that this is an old server, but I have
>> current versions of Exim running on Solaris 2.6 (was 2.5 until a year
>> or so ago), and I'm willing to be I'm not a winner in the "running
>> Exim on the oldest platform" contest.
>
> I wouldn't make that argument.  We support myriad platforms, end of
> story.  The -std=c99 is convenient if it's available, simply because we
> can then rely on %zu being available to printf.

I'm glad to hear this, I think this is a great strength for Exim (I
still have a little grumpiness over pcre being removed from the
distribution, though I suppose it's less when viewed with a
maintainer's hat on).

> But I was looking in the wrong place.  I grabbed your Makefile and
> s/-O/-ggdb/ and got a useful stack backtrace.

Ah, great, I'll pull it down again tonight and start banging on it.
FWIW, that Makefile was never expected to cleanly build on tahini, I
just copied it over to have anything since buildconfig is so early in
the process (lest you try to use it for something and expect it to
work)