Re: [exim-dev] HEAD not building

Author: John Jetmore
To: John Jetmore, exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] HEAD not building
On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Phil Pennock <exim-dev@???> wrote:
> On 2010-06-07 at 08:53 -0400, John Jetmore wrote:
>> The machine I've been using to work on the test suite is a RHEL 4
>> machine.  I tried to build from HEAD this morning to see what havoc
>> Phil wrought on the rules but I can't get past buildconfig.  It
>> compiles but segfaults when running.  I tried it on tahini to rule out
>> a 32b v 64b issue as well as something purely local and it segfaults
>> there also.
>>
>> Phil, can you take a look at this?  I will check back tonight and work
>> if it's still an open issue but I'm not going to dive in this morning.
>
> To narrow it down: does including -std=c99 in CFLAGS deal with the
> problem?  (Not proposing as a solution, but if this does deal with it
> then the problem is in the SIZE_T_FMT code).

Well, it prevents the segfault in that now it never compiles =):

cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-std=C99"

collab-01 2 /home/jetmore/exim-test/20100607/exim4 > gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.4.4 20050721 (Red Hat 3.4.4-2)

You can make an argument that this is an old server, but I have
current versions of Exim running on Solaris 2.6 (was 2.5 until a year
or so ago), and I'm willing to be I'm not a winner in the "running
Exim on the oldest platform" contest.