Re: [exim] Backscatter

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Backscatter
On 05/06/10 00:52, Grant Peel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking to ensure the configuration below will not send backscatter and
> will not accept NDRs from any server other than iteself (locally generated
> only).

[snip]

This doesn't address your your question of not sending backscatter, but
rather attempting not to accepting it when it looks the same as a callout.

Your use of ips.backscatterer.org in the RCPT acl will mean that if you
ever send even a single email any of Marc Perkel's mail servers, he'll
instantly add you to his blacklist and report you for spamming to your
ISP; all because of a rejected sender callout.

So useful.

I say this 3 days after this happened for the SECOND time when sending
to a different person to last time. Again it was just an email from
friend to friend. I have asked my ISP to ignore all "spam notifications"
from Marc in the future.

I'm thinking of either using the backscatterer list as a blacklist for
outgoing mail so I never send to someone listed in it, or moving my
check from rcpt to pre-data. The later would be conceding defeat to the
turkeys so I'm not too keen on it.

--
The Exim Manual
http://docs.exim.org/