Re: [exim] Spam not being spam checked

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: a.smith
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Spam not being spam checked
Hi Nigel, Graeme,

yes I think your both more or less correct.
The high load thing has only started to be a problem in the last day
or so, however I have seen other unexpected behaviour from
Spamassassin, specifically unexplained crashes. Anyway the high load
has sent me into a panic as it was severely impacting the server
performance and users were started to complain.
So at the moment the situation would seem to be, with regard to my
original question, that my exim config is fine (despite being
outdated) in terms that all mails are being passed to spamassassin.
The problem would seem to be spamassassin itself. The thing that
surprises me is that its possible for spamassassin to pass back an
unmodified mail if it has some kind of failure, Id have imagined a
failure would result in some fatal error and a bounce or retry as
opposed to simply passing back an unchecked mail.

Anyway, following on from advice from the spamassassin users list, I
have changed the backend of spamassassin from DBD (flat files) to
MySQL. Currently the system seems to be running well. If that will
continue as the bayes DB starts to be populated with data, time will
tell...

Hopefully thats an accurate description of the situation. Ill monitor
for any mails coming through without being spamassassin checked...

thanks Andy.