Re: [exim-dev] exim is dead (was Re: Security issues in exim…

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] exim is dead (was Re: Security issues in exim4 local delivery)
On 28 May 2010 10:34, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz <arekm@???> wrote:
> On Friday 28 of May 2010, Peter Bowyer wrote:
>
>> > You can do nothing to prevent this. Exim author left without a
>> > replacement and thus exim is dying for few months already. Well, is dead
>> > actually and not dying.
>> >
>> > Little help won't solve the problem since there is no single person
>> > interested in serious exim development.
>>
>> Please don't pretend to speak on behalf of the Exim maintainers - a
>> plan is formulating now to ensure that Exim development (at least as
>> far as security updates is concerned, and hopefully more than that)
>> continues.
>
> Well, sorry. This is how I see things for the past months. Just now people
> woke up because security issues came up. And still - development" is too big
> word just for security updates/fixes.
>
> Basically exim development is dead and will be if only security fixes are
> going to be made or if the development rate will be the same as it was for
> past few months.

Development will happen as/when new functionality is needed - a stable
product only needs maintenance. Your language implies that the project
is being abandoned, which it isn't, and that there's a need for people
to consider switching products - which there isn't, provided they're
happy with what Exim does for them.

Please allow the maintainers to do their job and stop scare-mongering.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???