[exim] Callout and Smarthost

Author: Nikolaus Rath
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Callout and Smarthost
Hello,

My server is sending mail over a smarthost, but receives mail directly
via SMTP. I would like to do sender verification with callouts when
receiving mails, but due to the default transport being a smarthost,
exim always tries to verify addresses by contacting the smarthost rather
than the MX of the address.

Is there a way to have Exim use the smarthost for ordinary mail, but do
direct connections to the MX when doing sender verification?

Thanks,

-Nikolaus

PGP fingerprint: 5B93 61F8 4EA2 E279 ABF6 02CF A9AD B7F8 AE4E 425C