Re: [exim] ACL nested too deep - possible loop

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] ACL nested too deep - possible loop
Marc Perkel wrote:

> On 5/21/2010 6:41 PM, W B Hacker wrote:
>> Marc Perkel wrote:
>>
>>> Been doing some recursion. I'll probably figure a way around this with a
>>> loop counter. However, it might be nice to add a few features to Exim to
>>> deal with recursion. Just like to throw out some ideas.
>>>
>>> The limit it 20. Maybe it would be nice to make it settable?
>>>
>>> Is there a recursion loop counter that I can read? If not - maybe there
>>> should be?
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>>

>> Thought?
>>
>> grep the source code...
>>

>> Bill
>>

> I found it - kicked it up to 50.

Nice code, isn't it? And recompiles in a New York Minute.

And folks thought I was playing head-games.

;-)

'course I DO still think you odd or foolhardy for NEEDING that depth of recursion.

As an old machine-code and ASM programmer, I know what all that really 'costs',
and manage with no recursion at all...

Bill