Re: [pcre-dev] RFE -- switch to operate in 'unbuffered mode'…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Linda Walsh
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] RFE -- switch to operate in 'unbuffered mode' for use ininteractive pipes
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010, Linda Walsh wrote:

> Title says it...
>
> I use pcre in interactive use more often than not, and
> it's buffering is a pain in a pipe -- only blatting out output after it
> collects a buffer --
>
> Could it flush lines after each is processed upon being given a
> To-Be-Added Switch?

I have committed a patch that adds --line-buffered (same name as GNU grep).
This applies to both input and output (both may, of course, be pipes).
This feature will therefore be in the next release, which I hope to have
out in a couple of weeks' time (but there are still a number of issues
to look at first, and time does fly...)

Philip

--
Philip Hazel