Re: [exim] Apple mail...

Inizio della pagina
Autore: John Doe
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Apple mail...
From: W B Hacker <wbh@???>
> No, but you should ADD port 587 to daemon_smtp_ports.
> AND NOT (ordinarily) as tls_on_connect_ports.
> The HELLO/EHLO will sort that automagically.
> Missing-out 587 may have been the root of the problem all
> this time.

Did not fix the problem...
Except this time, Apple Mail did not leave any traces...
Nothing in exim's logs or the firewall (no packets dropped).
Tried all 3 ports, none worked.
The iphone produced again the: "input="\026\003\001""
And no option to specify ports.
Also, in Apple Mail, there is only SSL, no TLS...
Do you think he adapts the type (SSL/TLS) to the port?
My tbird only accept ssl on 465.
If I choose other port (25/587), I have to go with TLS.
But it works in all cases.

From: Frank Heydlauf <fh-exim2003@???>
> Please tcpdump such a connection and compare it with
> the dump of a working connection (i.e. using swaks).

Guess I will have to...

Thx,
JD