Re: [exim] Apple mail...

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Apple mail...
John Doe wrote:
> From: Nigel Wade <nmw@???>
>> Is the client performing TLS on connect (a.k.a. SSL),
>> whilst the server is expecting a normal connection,
>> with encryption established via STARTTLS? That
>> would explain the synchronization error.
>
> Not sure, I have these:
> daemon_smtp_ports = 25 : 465
> tls_on_connect_ports = 465
> Should I remove the 465 from daemon_smtp_ports?
>
> Thx,
> JD

No, but you should ADD port 587 to daemon_smtp_ports.

AND NOT (ordinarily) as tls_on_connect_ports.

The HELLO/EHLO will sort that automagically.

Missing-out 587 may have been the root of the problem all this time.

:-(

Bill

PS: port 465 belongs to a Cisco-proprietary service that has nothing to do with
smtp.

We all really should stop using it.