Re: [exim] Mailing Listname with "&" character in prefix

Top Pagina
Auteur: W B Hacker
Aan: exim users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Mailing Listname with "&" character in prefix
Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I am managing a list server running on Mailman+Exim and someone has
> requested that I create a list named (say)
> jack&jill@???<jack%26jill@???>
> .
>
> Anyone done this before? Any side effects?
>
> Thanks

Wash,

ISTR '%' has a legacy use that way - but seen more often in MUA on my watch.

ISTR Exim [can | does] convert(s) it, so it may be more of a mailman issue (pass
- I use Ecartis)?

But it shouldn't take a lot to JF try it and see...

Three-part right side is no problem, so long as it exists, of course.

Familiar example: news.bbc.co.uk

HTH,

Bill