Re: [exim] Remvoing local IP address from headers of outboun…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Remvoing local IP address from headers of outbound mail
Ron White wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 11:05 -0400, W B Hacker wrote:
>> Ron White wrote:
>>> On outbound mail I've noticed this header that, for my needs, is 'a bit
>>> too much detail' insofar as revealing the internal IP of the client:

*snip*

>> The purely technical answer would be to apply [selective] header-stripping to
>> [one-of] the 'outbound' remote_dns delivery router/transport sets.

*snip* (understanding the ramifications ...)

> So I guess I can do this in the accept authenticated * acl stanza
> somehow? I'll look into it and see how far I get.

You could set an acl_m there as a flag.

Then in the router chain, seek that acl_m flag and strip or re-write accordingly.

OTOH, probably no harm to JFDI all the time on the [remote DNS lookup router |
functional replacement] - unless you are relying. Maybe not even then.

Bill