Re: [exim] Apple mail...

Top Pagina
Auteur: Frank Heydlauf
Aan: John Doe
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Apple mail...
Hi,

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 03:16:54AM -0700, John Doe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a know problem (even though google did not find any) with Apple Mail and SSL...?

As far as I could report, Apple Mail sometimes behaves really strange.
Before torturing your exim setup you might be well advised to reconfigure
or reinstall the Mail-Client. BTDT - helped in several cases!
Include the MTAs certificate into the clients keyring using Safari.

I use
server_prompts = "Username:: : Password::"
for fixed_login which seems to work at least with STARTTLS.
Not sure if direct SSL/TLS at 465 or 587 works.

--
Regards
Frank