[exim] ACL_NOT_SMTP and ratelimit question

Top Pagina
Auteur: Shahar Zini
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [exim] ACL_NOT_SMTP and ratelimit question
Hi,
I'm trying to implement something for a number of weeks, but it doesn't
seems to work, and i'm not an exim expert, maybe anoyne has got an idea:
i'm trying to limit the number of emails sent by users from
/usr/bin/sendmail (more specifically: through php)
I've tried:

acl_not_smtp:
         deny
                ratelimit  = 1 / 1d / strict / $authenticated_id

and also $strict_ident instead of $authenticated_id

but i doesn't seem to even create the DB files at /var/spool/exim/db.
when i'm trying to debug it as root, i'm getting a line telling me that
because i'm a trusted user, ACLs are ignored, trying to debug as another
user tells me debugging is not permitted.

i want to limit the number of messages each unix user can send in a given
period.
will be happy for any answer or guidance.

thanks.