Re: [exim] Sanity Check: 5 short router questions

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Ian Eiloart
Para: exim.ml, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Sanity Check: 5 short router questions

--On 14 May 2010 14:57:59 +0100 Ron White <exim.ml@???> wrote:

> A couple of child like questions for my own sanity here;
>
> 1. Am I right in thinking you can have multiple condition = statements
> in a router? (I know you can do 'and' but I have three conditions to
> check in a router)

I think so. I'm not sure, but I don't see any reason why not.

> 2. The redirect router - does it physically rewrite the 'to' rather than
> just redirect the message to a different user eg:
>
>         data = ${quote_local_part:$acl_m_domcatchd}@$domain
>         no_more

> assuming conditions test true, would rewrite the 'to' to the contents of
> the expanded $acl_m_domcatchd @ $domain?

No, the headers aren't rewritten because message headers aren't used in
message routing. Think of Bcc recipients.

There are ways to rewrite the headers, though.

> 3. If so, would the message then traverse the RCPT ACL's again with the
> new 'RCPT TO'?

I don't think that ACLs are reconsidered. You can always route the message
back through exim, I guess. You'll have to be careful to not create a loop.

> 4. Can I change the value of an $acl_m_variable in a router?

My guess is no.

> 5. If I test routing with: exim -bt alias@??? this is not going
> to fire the ACL tests for the address? I ask because I have some
> conditions in a few routers that test against acl variables which don't
> seem to get set with this. I fully accept that it's just testing the
> routers section (not running ACL logic) but I just need to be sure and
> clear in my head this is the case.

I think you're right. Certainly you won't test any ACLs that depend on the
sender address or the message content - because you don't have any. Even if
the RCPT TO ACLs are tested, locally submitted messages might be exempt.

You can test these ACLs with telnet.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex