Re: [exim] smtp_max / eblast

Top Pagina
Auteur: Jean-Paul natola
Aan: graeme, exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] smtp_max / eblast

> From: graeme@???
> To: exim-users@???
> Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 19:54:13 +0100
> Subject: Re: [exim] smtp_max / eblast
>
> On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 14:05 -0400, Jean-Paul natola wrote:
> > if i have the follwing settings
> >
> > smtp_accept_max = 20
> > smtp_accept_max_per_host = 4
> > smtp_accept_reserve = 0
> >
> > and I have 100+ internal users that are subscribed to a newsletter, when the server tries to deliver us the monthly newsletter, will this be considered going above the threshhold, if so how woudl i get around that.
>
> Your settings above are saying:
>
> Accept a maximum of 20 simultaneous SMTP sessions; limit each individual
> remote host to a maximum of 4 simultaneous sessions.
>
> If the server delivering the newsletter is run by someone with $clue,
> and plays by the RFCs, then it will try to deliver as many of the
> messages in either a single transaction (if identical messages) or in a
> single session (if not) as possible. Under some circumstances each
> message may come down a separate channel, in which case you'll only
> allow 4 in at once (from the same host).
>
> Messages which are then deferred because your server tells the other
> server that it's too busy, or has exceeded your settings, will either be
> retried on another connection immediately or will be queued until their
> next retry comes around.
>
> However... I'm not sure your question means what you asked. Have you had
> some sort of problem with an inbound delivery to lots of recipients?

YES

today en eblast was sent at 11 am , only 20 recipients recieved it over

the course of three hours

then i see a bunch of these in the rejectlog

2010-05-13 11:08:03 1OCZtL-000Iko-E9 H=m190.salsalabs.net [69.174.83.190] F=<org2@???> temporarily rejected after DATA

Envelope-from: <org2@???>

P Received: from m190.salsalabs.net ([69.174.83.190])

by mail.familycareintl.org with esmtp (Exim 4.69 (FreeBSD))

(envelope-from <org2@???>)

id 1OCZtL-000Iko-E9

for user@???; Thu, 13 May 2010 11:00:03 -0400

this is why i asked