Re: [exim] smtp_max / eblast

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Graeme Fowler
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] smtp_max / eblast
On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 14:05 -0400, Jean-Paul natola wrote:
> if i have the follwing settings
>
> smtp_accept_max = 20
> smtp_accept_max_per_host = 4
> smtp_accept_reserve = 0
>
> and I have 100+ internal users that are subscribed to a newsletter, when the server tries to deliver us the monthly newsletter, will this be considered going above the threshhold, if so how woudl i get around that.

Your settings above are saying:

Accept a maximum of 20 simultaneous SMTP sessions; limit each individual
remote host to a maximum of 4 simultaneous sessions.

If the server delivering the newsletter is run by someone with $clue,
and plays by the RFCs, then it will try to deliver as many of the
messages in either a single transaction (if identical messages) or in a
single session (if not) as possible. Under some circumstances each
message may come down a separate channel, in which case you'll only
allow 4 in at once (from the same host).

Messages which are then deferred because your server tells the other
server that it's too busy, or has exceeded your settings, will either be
retried on another connection immediately or will be queued until their
next retry comes around.

However... I'm not sure your question means what you asked. Have you had
some sort of problem with an inbound delivery to lots of recipients?

Graeme