Re: [exim] strict_rfc821_envelopes

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Ian Eiloart
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim.ml, exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] strict_rfc821_envelopes

--On 13 May 2010 12:42:24 +0100 Ron White <exim.ml@???> wrote:

> Good afternoon list.
>
> In Postfix there is this directive: strict_rfc821_envelopes yes || no.
> Is there a global Exim equivalent or do I need to form something into an
> ACL condition?
>
> Grateful thanks
> Ron

It seems, from experimentation, that Exim is quite relaxed about the format
used. I don't see any main configuration option in Chapter 14 to control
this.

I think you'll need to check the value of $smtp_command_argument or
$smtp_command in the relevant ACL. See section 11.9 on expansion variables.

$smtp_command
During the processing of an incoming SMTP command, this variable contains
the entire command. This makes it possible to distinguish between HELO and
EHLO in the HELO ACL, and also to distinguish between commands such as
these:
    MAIL FROM:<>
    MAIL FROM: <>

For a MAIL command, extra parameters such as SIZE can be inspected. For a
RCPT command, the address in $smtp_command is the original address before
any rewriting, whereas the values in $local_part and $domain are taken from
the address after SMTP-time rewriting.

$smtp_command_argument
While an ACL is running to check an SMTP command, this variable contains
the argument, that is, the text that follows the command name, with leading
white space removed. Following the intro- duction of $smtp_command, this
variable is somewhat redundant, but is retained for backwards compatibility.

Perhaps the easiest thing (if you want to be strict) is to construct the
legal argument from $sender_address, and compare it with the argument given.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex