Re: [exim] Exim with SQL message store

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jim Cheetham
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Exim with SQL message store
Quoting Marten Lehmann (from 11/05/10 23:50):
>> display:
>> exipick --show-vars h_Subject,received_time 'authenticated_id eq X'
>>
> searching is not based an indices. So when you have a queue of 50.000
> messages, then each one has to be looked through, each header file has
> to be parsed for the structure and that takes so long, that you cannot
> easily decrease or extended retry times for certain messages.
>
> The question is: Would it be easier to establish an abstraction layer
> into exim or develop a new MTA that only does what we actually need (a
> small subset of exims features)?

I'd go for the other option: keep the existing logging, and *also* copy
it into a database, and then query that database. This could be
real-time (by extending your syslog) or near-real-time (by having
log-file watchers), or batched in cron every n minutes ...

This is the approach used by Splunk, for example (which I've only run in
test, and not in production).

-jim