Re: [exim] Authenticator Problem

Author: Zammhauer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Authenticator Problem
Am 11.05.2010 08:27, schrieb Ron White:
> I don't use CDB myself, but perhaps this link may help (it's somewhat
> old, but seems to be relevant:
>
> http://www.exim-users.org/forums/showthread.php?p=133458#post133458

Thank you for that. I got it to run with a cdb file with full_mail ->
password pairs. I have taken the authenticator from the link you have
posted. The condition looks like the following:

server_condition = ${if eq{$3}{${lookup {$2} cdb \
         {/etc/exim4/users.cdb}{$value}fail}}{yes}{no}}

Now I need to split the lookup result and extract the password, because
the value of a cdb dataset is a string containing multiple data like
uid, gid, homedir. Everything divided by ":". So such a dataset looks like:

stephan@??? -> "mypass:10001:10001:/data/mail/stephan"

I have played with the "extract"-command, but I didn't get a good result.

Thanks a lot for your help.